Nine out of ten churches in America are either declining or growing slower than the community in which they are located. Stated simply, 90 percent of American churches are losing ground in their communities. Change is not an option; it is an urgent need. But leading churches through change is complex and risky, and many pastors lack the expertise to effectively lead their church through the process.
On Wednesday, June 15 at 7 a.m., LifeWay Christian Resources will be hosting a free breakfast with a special presentation and a panel discussion for pastors and church leaders at the 2016 SBC annual meeting. (Attendees of the annual meeting can reserve their seats here.)
During the event, Dr. Thom Rainer will deliver an address about leading change in the church, which is based on his new book, Who Moved My Pulpit? Immediately following, a panel of pastors will discuss their personal experiences in leading change within their churches. The panel will include:
- Ron Edmondson (Pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church, Lexington, KY)
- Kevin Smith (Teaching Pastor at Highview Baptist Church, Louisville, KY)
- Jimmy Scroggins (Lead Pastor at Family Church, West Palm Beach, FL)
- Sam Rainer (Senior Pastor at West Bradenton Baptist Church, Bradenton, FL)
- Eric Geiger (Vice President, LifeWay Resources Division, and Senior Pastor at Clearview Baptist Church, Franklin, TN)
In addition, all attendees will receive a selection of free resources, including:
- Who Moved My Pulpit by Thom Rainer
- Onward by Russell Moore
- Exalting Jesus In Philippians (Christ-centered Exposition Series)
- A gift card to LifeWay Christian Stores
- Plus, additional giveaways
Seating is limited. Reserve your spot by registering for free here.