Here are 12 outreach ideas for your church during the Christmas season and into next year.
1. Holiday Food Baskets: Organize, prepare and deliver holiday food baskets to families and individuals in need.
2. Wrap It Up: Provide free gift-wrapping for mall shoppers. Promote upcoming Christmas events at your church.
3. Christmas Caroling: Teams blanket the community with caroling then meet later for hot cocoa.
4. Christmas Eve Candlelight Service: Keep it brief and family friendly. Plan ahead for quality music and friendly greeters. Invite the entire community.
5. The 52 Challenge: Members commit to personally invite one person—friend or stranger—to church every week this year, and write the names on their personal calendar.
6. Snow Day: Build dozens of snowmen on the church lawn. Decorate snow-families with creative props and signs inviting folks to church.
7. Plan a baby shower for a local pregnancy center on Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, January 19.
8. Sunday Brunch: Deliver invitations to homes located near the church building inviting them to worship services and to a Sunday brunch beforehand with their neighbors (and some friendly church members).
9. Pray for Leaders: Invite local government leaders to your worship service. Recognize those who are able to attend and pray for them.
10. Community-Wide Blood Drive: Support your local blood bank.
11. Date Night: Provide complimentary childcare for unchurched couples on Valentine’s Day.
12. NearlyWed Seminar: Invite engaged couples to an 8-week seminar before church or during the week. Each session is a topical Bible study about marriage, with homework and handouts. At completion, couples get a certificate and promote to newlywed class.
Originally posted at FactsAndTrends.net