Other Feature Stories
Two-thirds of women who have had an abortion believe church members are more likely to gossip about a woman considering abortion than help her understand the options.
As the number of the religiously unaffiliated grows, now 23 percent of the population, churches should understand who the nones are and what they believe.
“Evangelicals have been misunderstood and categorized incorrectly so often, and much of that is due to inconsistent identification in research,” said Leith Anderson, NAE president.
Evangelical Protestants and historically black Protestants have more than double the number of highly involved adherents than mainline Protestantism, Orthodox Christianity, or the Catholic Church.
Many people recognize the importance of having trained greeters at the doors when guests arrive. I agree, but I also think there are several other places to use greeters.
- Serving Single: How the Church Can Best Serve Singles & How Singles Can Best Serve in the Church
- Connected to God’s Power: Helping People Live a Life of Prayer
- 13 Fun Ideas for Your Church This Summer
- Leave Room for Grey
“Distraction is the enemy of deep thinking, and it is an enemy we must seek out and destroy,” says Tim Challies. Here are six steps to doing just that.
- Using Technology Wisely
- ‘Hackathon’ Tackles Intersection of Faith & Tech
- Teens Find Friends & Drama Online
- 7 Keys to an Effective Church Social Media Strategy